Editor-in-Chief of WIRED UK
David Rowan is Editor-in-Chief of WIRED magazine’s UK edition, Conde Nast's award-winning technology-and-innovations magazine that stays ahead of the trends transforming our world. He travels extensively to investigate the most innovative companies and entrepreneurs, and his recent WIRED cover stories include features on Google, WhatsApp, LinkedIn, Spotify, and Facebook. As a speaker, he has keynoted on technology, business, and innovation from Melbourne to Monaco, and has chaired and moderated high-profile events for the UK and French governments, for Google Zeitgeist and TED Global, and for international banks and Fortune 100 businesses. His most recent awards include Techmark Technology Journalist of the Year, DMA Editor of the Year and British Society of Magazine Editors' Editor of the Year. He has written regular columns in GQ, Condé Nast Traveller, Campaign, The Times, and The Guardian. He is the former editor of The Jewish Chronicle and The Guardian's websites and Comment pages; has made TV films for Channel 4 News; and has written long features for The Telegraph Magazine, Sunday Times Magazine, and Observer. At WIRED he has extended the brand into conferences, apps, and a consulting arm.Read More
The New Rules of Business
In fast-paced, fully customized talks, David Rowan tackles the latest trends in technology, innovation, and business, and reveals how your company can get ahead. Drawing on his extensive research in the field—he has taken 120 flights in the past year to understand from the front line how everything from genomics to 3D printing are changing the way businesses and consumers will operate—Rowan’s clear-eyed, accessible talks guide audiences through the new rules of business. Topics include:
· Ten technology megatrends you can’t ignore—and how they’ll transform manufacturing, hospitality, finance, insurance, entertainment, and travel industries
· The Internet of Things, big data and artificial intelligence: why the rules of business just changed
· Digital commerce and the future of retail
· The new rules of product innovation, and how to create a culture of innovation
· How to survive, prosper, and embrace transformation in a world of exponential technologies
· What you can learn from the smartest people in Silicon Valley
· How to disrupt your organization, and disruptive business models that can save media companies
· What corporations need to understand about mobile opportunities
· Trends affecting the television industry
· What your business can learn from startup thinking
· How digital transformation impacts the employer value proposition
· How digital meets physical in the shopping center of tomorrow
· The opportunities of 3D printing and the new “maker” culture.
Rt Hon David Cameron, Prime Minister G8 Innovation Conference
I wanted to thank you for your time to moderate the G8 Innovation Conference. You set the tone for the day perfectly, engaging the audience and steering the presenters through a very full agenda. The feedback from the day has been overwhelmingly positive, which is largely due to your dynamism, good humour, and professionalism. The team here and I are extremely grateful for the part you played in making the day a success and helping to put innovation on the G8 agenda.
Thank you for a brilliant performance. Feedback from the Unilever client was exceptionally positive. After three full days at the event when asked the question about the highlight of the event a large number of them cited your presentation. That's pretty impressive.
You played the key role in our Women in European Business Conference and we very much appreciated your input: The event was a great success and the feedback has been outstanding. Your scene-setting opener around the ten mega-trends was fascinating and encouraged us all to stretch our thinking. Your navigation of the numerous themes for the panel session was excellent and the relaxed tone of the conversation was just what we were aiming for. You achieved our goal of inspiring our audience, both professionally and personally and for that, we are truly grateful.
David was AMAZING! We loved him, both as a professional and as a person. He was full of amazing references and so accommodating, always willing to engage.Â
David was probably the best speaker weâ€™ve ever hadâ€”would definitely like to engage him at future events.
An insightful, thought provoking presentation that reinforced the importance of innovation and made us reconsider our competitive landscape. Highly recommended.
You were an inspirational speaker and it was an absolute pleasure to work with you on the event. Your presentation was engaging, interesting and insightful.
- Twitter: Speaker
- Twitter: Lavin
- Exclusives What Are You Reading?: Shetterly, Jackson, and Anand
- Politics When Donald Meets Hillary: James Fallows’ Pre-Debate Atlantic Cover Story
- Innovation Watch: Tech’s Top Innovators Shine on Amber MacArthur’s Bloomberg North
- Authors Margaret Atwood’s Latest? The Stunning Graphic Novel Angel Catbird