How To Develop Your Online Brand: New Media Speaker Amber Mac
"My goal," she told the audience, "is to teach you how to build a digital you—how to develop your personal brand and your professional brand through the use of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. She continues: "It's important to know how to use these Internet tools to build up your on-line community and your reputation in a good way." Here are the seven most important tips that MacArthur provides on how to create, improve, and maintain an effective online presence:
1. Be confident in making statements and be a leader. Don't be afraid to put your ideas out there.
2. Be authentic and attentive about what's happening on-line and remember that timing is everything when it comes to what you post—and when.
3. Use your social media connections to not only benefit your own goals, but to promote a cause and do good things in your community.
4. Choose the right tool for the job. Keep the content professional, manage your privacy, and understand the advantages and disadvantages of each social media tool.
5. Don't only be a prominent voice on social media. Learn to be a good listener as well.
6. Have fun.
7. Watch trends.