Responsible for managing a portfolio of speakers and simultaneously coordinating speaker logistics for a variety of events (taking place in the U.S., Canada and internationally) once a booking has been confirmed by a Sales Agent.
The Event Coordinator’s main objective is to ensure a smooth process from initial booking onwards for both the speaker and the buyer, while also communicating regularly with internal sales, finance and marketing departments. The Event Coordinator cultivates positive relationships with speakers and buyers while managing buyer expectations and remaining flexible to ever changing priorities.
1. Coordinates and manages a large portfolio of assigned speakers and their events.
2. Discusses speaker needs and preferences with the Sales Team while they are solidifying an offer. This can include:
a. Obtaining travel quotes.
b. Looking at speaker's events to prevent double-booking.
c. Working with Agent to confirm speaker preferences, so offers are tailored and relevant.
d. Ensuring the logistics will in fact be possible, especially when a late booking is introduced, or when there are multiple back-to-back events.
3. Manages event logistics through email and phone contact with a variety of buyers including: corporate, public lecture series, universities/colleges and not-for-profit institutions in Canadian, American and International markets.
4. Ensure all speaker profiles are current and accurate.
5. Fields all event questions from the speaker and buyer, including possible schedule changes, media requests, travel/payment questions and re-direct as needed.
6. Works with our travel agency, Stage and Screen, to confirm travel bookings, including for example, airfare, train, car service and any other travel as required.
7. Prepares detailed event itineraries in conjunction with the buyer, including schedule and travel information, to provide to the speaker 1-2 weeks before event date.
8. Reconcile event expenses incurred by Lavin post-event (such as hotel bookings or car service reservations), as necessary, including the preparation of Travel Reconciliations for use by the Finance Department.
9. Continuously manage buyer expectations with regards to speaker needs and availability.
10. Daily tasks can include: contract preparations, contract follow-up, arranging pre-event conference calls, booking travel and accommodations, sourcing and providing marketing materials, handling incoming requests from buyers and speakers, preparing detailed logistics itineraries, invoicing and account reconciliations.
11. Responds to all speaker and buyer questions and concerns immediately or as quickly as possible.
12. Keeps up-to-date and maintains sufficient knowledge of the company’s speakers and industry marketplace, best practices and trends.
13. Works with team to create and/or update and implement team procedures.
14. Ensures all pertinent information and details of emails, phone call notes, etc. are entered into the contact management database according to company standards.
15. Performs other tasks and responsibilities as assigned and required.
Job Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrates curiosity for a wide-range of ideas and topics
• Above average interpersonal skills
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit with unquestionable customer service skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate persuasively with others both verbally and written
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize the tasks at hand based on value to the company, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
• Software skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with database management preferred
If interested, please send us a fascinating cover letter as well as a worn-out resume. We will not consider applicants who do not send in a custom cover letter!
Send letters and resumes to email@example.com by July 31, 2017. Title your emails: “Event Coordinator”. No calls or visits please; only emails will be accepted.