Toronto | Full-Time
The Lavin Agency is the largest intellectual talent agency in the world. And probably the only one. We represent the world’s leading thinkers, doers, writers, artists, and scientists. We represent Pulitzer Prize winners, Guggenheim Fellows, TED Prize Winners, Nobel Laureates—people who want to make the world a smarter place. And we think that’s good. Smarter people make better decisions and make the world a better place. Maybe. That’s debatable. And real debate is good. Have you stayed up all night debating politics, music, art, or the economy? A real debate where you agree about a lot, and what you disagree about is interesting? Yes? Then maybe we’re a good fit for you.
We have 35 staff and we’re growing. We’re interesting, engaged, and curious people working globally from downtown Toronto. This job is for the engaged and engaging, the curious and the opinionated.
The marketing writer is responsible for assisting the marketing team in executing strategy, maintaining the website, and building brand awareness of The Lavin Agency. This includes writing blog posts about our speakers; copyediting e-newsletters and catalogues; updating speech topics and biographies on the website; as well as transcribing video footage and conference calls. This individual promotes content across Lavin’s social media platforms, and also assists the team with administrative and miscellaneous marketing tasks. This includes but is not limited to: data management, mailings, and website upkeep. The Marketing Writer reports to the Marketing Manager.
1. Shares content across social media, focusing on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube
2. Assists with updating speaker bios and speech topics on the website as requested
3. Writes and copyedits: e-newsletters, catalogues, letters, blog posts, video titling, and Instagram captions, etc.
4. Assists in overall marketing strategy and miscellaneous marketing projects
5. Keeps up-to-date and maintains sufficient knowledge of the company’s speakers and industry marketplace, best practices and trends
6. Works independently, as well as part of a team to establish project deliverables
7. Performs other tasks and responsibilities as assigned and required
Job Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in communications, marketing, literature, or related field
• At least two years of relevant work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Demonstrates curiosity for a wide-range of ideas and topics
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Creative thinker with proven ability for innovation
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize the tasks at hand based on value to the company, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and related social media platforms
• Understanding of marketing extensions such as MailChimp, Pardot, Google Adwords and Analytics preferred
• Knowledge and efficiencies in digital applications such as Adobe Creative Suite preferred
• Familiarity with customer relationship management databases preferred, particularly Salesforce
If interested, please send us a fascinating cover letter as well as a worn-out resume. We will not consider applicants who do not send in a custom cover letter!
Send letters and resumes to email@example.com. Title your emails: “Marketing Writer.” No calls or visits please; only emails will be accepted.